Welcome to our new web home. We hope you find it as comfy as we do 🙂
What does the flag of the United States represent?
The U.S. flag has 13 red and white stripes, symbolizing the original 13 colonies. The 50 white stars on a blue background in the upper left corner represent the number of states in the union.
What are the colors of the United States, and what do they symbolize?
Red – hardiness and valor
White – purity and innocence
Blue – vigilance, perseverance, justice
What are the largest (most populous) cities in the United States?
New York City
Pic Fave of the Moment
Did You Know?
- There are 410 national parks and there is at least one park in every state.
- Wrangell-St. Elias National Park and Preserve in Alaska is the largest national park with 13.2 million acres. That makes this park larger than the country of Switzerland!
- Yellowstone National Park was established on March 1, 1872, by Congress as the nation’s (and the world’s) first national park.
- Great Smoky Mountains is the most visited national park, drawing more than 10 million recreational visits each year.
Well, there just ain’t no talkin’ about the Old West, without mentioning the dozens, no hundreds — er, thousands of saloons of the American West. The very term “saloon” itself, conjures up a picture within our minds of an Old West icon, complete with a wooden false front, a wide boardwalk flanking the dusty street, a couple of hitchin’ posts, and the always present swinging doors brushing against the cowboy as he made his way to the long polished bar in search of a whiskey to wet his parched throat.
Read more about Saloons of the Old West HERE.
Images used for the video are available for prints HERE.
- Route 66 – Images of America’s Mother Road
- Arizona – Vintage and current photographs of Arizona.
- The Mighty Sioux – A look at Sioux Tribe.
From Legends’ General Store:
If you love Route 66, enjoy coloring, and like to share with others, this book is for you! The Route 66 Postcard Coloring Book contains 20 postcards of various places along America’s Mother Road, each ready for your own artistic touch. Made in Missouri, U.S.A. For more information, visit Legends’ General Store.
Lots of folks think Legends of America is a big corporation with dozens of employees — because we’ve been around so long & provide thousands of web pages — Nope, we’re not.
Legends is actually comprised of just two of us — Dave & Kathy, who have a love of history, travel, and a desire to share it with the world!
Though we are a small Mom & Pop “shop”, we have decades of customer service & business experience between the two us — in both large and small organizations. With an entrepreneurial dream, we launched Legends of America in 2003.
We are Midwest born and bred with great values. You’ll find, with just an email, phone call, or order, that our customer service is Over the Top!!