Robert Garcia is a friend I made through Legends of America. Robert is an avid ghost towner and we have swapped stories and information about New Mexico and Arizona ghost towns. You will see, peppered through some of our New Mexico ghost town articles, several photographs that Robert has contributed to the cause. Robert was also kind enough to provide some night photos of Route 66 through Albuquerque. Thanks Robert! Robert and his wife Therese live in Albuquerque, New Mexico.
Ron Warnick with Route 66 News has provided updates to several of our Route 66 stories and is a great source of “today’s” news about the Mother Road.
- 100 Years of Progress, Mt. Olive Centennial Souvenir Book written in 1965.
- Clark, Marian; Route 66 Cookbook; Council Oak Books, Tulsa, OK.
- Clark, Marian; The Main Street of America Cookbook, Council Oak Books, Tulsa, OK.
- Halicki, Diane and Robson, Ellen; Haunted Highway – The Spirits of Route 66; 1999; Golden West Publishers, Phoenix, AZ.
- Hinkley, Jim, Route 66 Encyclopedia, Voyageur Press, 2012
- Knowles, Drew; Route 66 Adventure Handbook; January, 2004; Exit Here, Hurst, Texas.
- McComb, Susie, Famous “Cool” Clines Corners worth stopping for!; Route 66 Association Newsletter, Summer, 1999.
- Snyder, Tom; Route 66 Traveler’s Guide and Roadside Companion; 2000, St. Martin’s Press, New York, NY.
- McClanahan, Jerry and Ross, Jim; The Route 66 Map Series; 2000; Ghost Town Press, Arcadia, Oklahoma.
- Oklahoma Route 66 Association Trip Guide, 2004-2005, Oklahoma Route 66 Association.
- Oklahoma Travel Guide, 2004, Oklahoma Tourism & Recreation Department
- Texas State Travel Guide – 2004; Texas Department of Transportation.
- Vasko, Nancy; Time Was; Free Press Advocate; Fall, 2001; Wilmington, Illinois.
- Wallis, Michael; Route 66 – The Mother Road; 2001; St Martin’s Press, New York, NY.
- Western Oklahoma Historical Society; Prairie Fire
- Work Projects Administration (WPA); Route 66; republished by the University Press of Kansas, 1986.