Without the help of you — our gracious contributors, this web site, nor any future publication would be successful. I am so grateful to ALL of you!!! Thank you so much!!
Tony Ray Standeford – Tony, a reader of Legends of America – particularly our Indian Territory Legends of Oklahoma, is an avid historian, ghost towner, and treasure hunter from Bartlesville, Oklahoma. Tony has not only supplied us with information about Oklahoma, but also a number of great ideas on how to promote the website. Thanks Tony!!
Update: Unfortunately, we hear from Tony’s mother that he passed away in February 2009. Very sad, as this young man had so much to offer. Rest in peace Tony.
- Halicki, Diane and Robson, Ellen; Haunted Highway – The Spirits of Route 66; 1999; Golden West Publishers, Phoenix, AZ.
- Knowles, Drew; Route 66 Adventure Handbook; January, 2004; Exit Here, Hurst, Texas.
- McClanahan, Jerry and Ross, Jim; The Route 66 Map Series; 2000; Ghost Town Press, Arcadia, Oklahoma.
- Oklahoma Route 66 Association Trip Guide, 2004-2005, Oklahoma Route 66 Association.
- Oklahoma Travel Guide, 2004, Oklahoma Tourism & Recreation Department
- Owens, Ron; Oklahoma Heroes: The Oklahoma Peace Officers Memorial; 2000; Turner Publishing Company, Paducah, KY
- Roff, Joe T.; Reminiscences Of Early Days In The Chickasaw Nation, Chronicles of Oklahoma, Volume 13, No. 2, June, 1935
- Snyder, Tom; Route 66 Traveler’s Guide and Roadside Companion; 2000, St. Martin’s Press, New York, NY.
- Wallis, Michael; Route 66 – The Mother Road; 2001; St Martin’s Press, New York, NY.
- Western Oklahoma Historical Society; Prairie Fire
- Work Projects Administration (WPA); Route 66: Across 1930s Oklahoma; first published as Oklahoma: A Guide to the Sooner State in 1941; republished by the University Press of Kansas, 1986.